“Facilitation is the art of stimulating deeper understanding, fresh thinking and behavioral transformation.”
Events are designed :
- To enable exchange of multiple views from a audience of diverse participants.
- To raise awareness sharing specific information and to hear about the views and perspectives of others.
- To lead to a group decision.
Facilitation is successful when it achieves these goals:
- Create an environment for effective communication (the achievement of mutual understanding).
- Keep discussion focused.
- Keep people engaged.
- Advance and deepen discussion.
- Provide opportunity for all voices to be heard.
- Create environment of trust and support so disagreement and understanding can surface.
- Leave participants challenged and willing to engage in follow-up conversations.